News from the Mercy Hub…
SILVER HELPLINE SERVICE This week our Sunday reflection (on the front of the newsletter) looks at loneliness and what a serious issue it is, particularly for older people in the UK. Those working with a variety of groups have reported that:
- 3.6 million people live alone , of whom over 2 million are aged 75 and over.
- 1.9 million older people feel ignored or invisible.
Silver Line is the only national free and confidential telephone helpline, open every day and night throughout the year and dedicated to older people. They have specially trained helpline teams who are on hand to:
- Provide information, friendship and advice.
- Link callers to local groups and services in their area.
- Offer regular friendship calls.
- Protects and support older people who are suffering abuse and/or neglect.
There are no questions or concerns too large and no problem is too small and there is no need to feel alone in any situation. The team at Silver Line are happy to hear from you. Contact them free of charge:
Telephone 0800 4 70 80 80
On a separate note… As the plans come together for the building work downstairs we ask that you please
remember to keep the Mercy Hub in your prayers.