St Mary's Cathedral: The Lady Chapel Window (Made by William Wailes 1844)
Click on text or feature for more information:
In the centre light is Our Lady with the Infant Jesus. On the right is Saint George with his foot on a dragon. On the left is Saint John the Apostle holding a chalice with a serpent in it. Legend has it that John was given a poisoned chalice to drink but when he blessed it, the poison became harmless. Below John is a picture of Fr John Eyre who was a priest working in Newcastle before the church was built. His body is buried under the plain slab among the tiles on the floor. The Caley family who paid for the window are also shown.
LOOK FOR the WW monogram at the bottom.